On this page you will find everything about the topics »Drinking water quality, »FAQ, »Water prices and »Water connection.
Of course, clean and delicious
The drinking water from Stadtwerke Landshut is an ideal thirst quencher. It comes fresh and natural from the tap. Several times a year we leave the Fountain take samples in the Siebensee and Schlossberg water protection areas and at various points in the pipeline network and examine them through a laboratory.
Drinking water is one of the most strictly monitored foods ever. Basically, the quality of the water depends on the nature of the substrate, but also on the man-made influences. Artificial fertilizer and liquid manure, which farmers bring to the fields, are included, for example. Stadtwerke Landshut, in cooperation with the farmers, has targeted these influenceable factors at an early stage.
Since 1994, we have been committed to sustainable management of the water protection area in Siebensee in the Landshut West, where most of our drinking water is extracted. The Stadtwerke bought or leased a total of 80 hectares of land and leased them to organic farmers. The trusting and partnership-based cooperation with the organic farmers as well as with the conventionally operating enterprises in the vicinity of the water protection area have contributed to the fact that the Landshut drinking water has a sustainable and consistently high quality. The measured values are regularly far below the statutory limits.
The current analysis results for the entire supply area can be found in the drinking water test report.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) & information about water quality
Yes, the Landshut drinking water is of the highest quality. It is constantly being examined by an independent laboratory. The measured values are regularly far below the statutory limits. Equally important for the water quality, however, are the condition and suitability of the water pipes in the house. If there are pipes in a building that contaminate the water, the best water quality is of no use.
The Landshut drinking water is classified in the hardness range "hard". The hardness of the water plays a significant role in washing the laundry. Please adhere to the dosage of the detergent manufacturers. The effect of water hardness is alleviated by most detergents by the addition of phosphates. However, phosphates have the disadvantage that they overfertilize the rivers and lakes with nutrients. Proper detergent dosage, which depends on the water hardness, can make an important contribution to water protection.
According to the recommendation of the Federal Environmental Agency it can be used to prepare baby food. The Federal Environment Agency recommends preparing baby food only with bottled water if the nitrate limit value of the TrinkwV (50 mg / l) is exceeded. In Landshut, the limit has fallen almost fourfold. The current measured value you can the Drinking Water Test Report Landshut remove.
Basically, the quality of the water depends on the nature of the substrate, but also on the man-made influences. Artificial fertilizer and liquid manure, which farmers bring to the fields, are included, for example. Stadtwerke Landshut, in cooperation with the farmers, has targeted these influenceable factors at an early stage. Since 1994, public utilities have been committed to the sustainable management of the water protection area in Siebensee so that less fertilizer and manure are introduced. The Stadtwerke bought or leased a total of 80 hectares of land and leased them to organic farmers.
The trusting and partnership-based cooperation with the organic farmers as well as with the conventionally operating enterprises in the vicinity of the water protection area have contributed to the fact that the Landshut drinking water has a sustainable and consistently high quality.
Im Einzugsgebiet der Brunnen der Stadtwerke Landshut befinden sich keine entsprechenden Einrichtungen wie zum Beispiel Chemieparks oder Betriebsfeuerwehren, die ein Risiko für einen Eintrag von Perfluoroctansäure (PFOA) oder anderen perfluorierten Verbindungen (PFC) darstellen würden.
Die PFC Untersuchung gehört nicht zum Standarduntersuchungsprogramm. Die Stadtwerke haben diese Stoffe dennoch untersuchen lassen. Das aktuellste Ergebnis vom Dezember 2021 bestätigt: Im Landshuter Trinkwasser sind keine PFC nachweisbar. Alle Werte waren unter der sogenannten Nachweisgrenze, diese ist im Trinkwasser <0,0010 µg/l. Das heißt, die Werte des Landshuter Trinkwassers liegen darunter.
Unser Trinkwasser erfüllt somit die Anforderungen des Umweltbundesamts (UBA). Das UBA empfiehlt aus Gründen der Vorsorge einen sehr niedrigen Wert, um besonders empfindliche Bevölkerungsgruppen, wie Schwangere, Säuglinge und Kleinkinder zu schützen. Dieser vom UBA empfohlene Wert liegt bei jeweils 0,05 µg/l.
Stadtwerke Landshut exclusively uses groundwater. This feeds mainly from rainwater, which seeps through several layers of soil and is thereby filtered. It is only influenced to a small extent by bank filtrates. Bank filtrate refers to drinking water that comes from wells that are located near rivers or lakes. There is a greater risk of contamination in surface waters, such as B. in drinking water dams. Therefore, if at all, only a slight influence on the Landshut drinking water is to be expected.
Trotzdem lassen die Stadtwerke Landshut das Trinkwasser im Pumpwerk regelmäßig auf pharmazeutische Wirkstoffe / Arzneimittelrückstände und andere Spurenstoffe untersuchen. Die letzte Untersuchung im Dezember 2021 konnte keine der untersuchten Stoffe an unserem wichtigsten Brunnen nachweisen. Untersucht wurden unter anderem pharmazeutische Wirkstoffe (z. B. Acetylsalicylsäure, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen etc.), Antibiotika, Röntgenkontrastmittel und weitere Stoffe wie Bisphenol A.
Steady dripping is known to cave in the stone. However, if the tap drips, licking a pipe or a valve, this is reflected in the consumption statement. Here are a few simple tips for tenants, owners and caretakers of residential complexes to get rid of unwanted extra consumption and eliminate:
- In principle, Stadtwerke Landshut recommends the regular maintenance of the drinking water installation by a correspondingly qualified installer.
- Check safety valves of hot water systems or central heating systems regularly or have them checked by a specialist.
- Check piping systems for leaks: Close all water consumption points. If the water meter comes to a standstill everything is fine. If he keeps turning, there is a leak somewhere. That is what to look for.
- Regularly, for example monthly, write down the consumption values. Especially if it is a water meter shaft outside the house or the property is uninhabited.
- Pay attention to running toilet flushing systems: After flushing, no more water may escape.
- Replace dripping taps and shower heads.
- Leaky hose systems: The garden water hose should never be left under operating pressure.
At Stadtwerke Landshut you get the best drinking water quality at fair prices. The water price calculation is based on the current BDEW * guideline. Basis of the calculation approach is to promote a steady modernization of the water supply and to stabilize the value preservation, thus to prevent a creeping disinvestment.
The water prices as well as the Ordinance on General Conditions for the Supply of Water (AVBWasserV) and the supplementary provisions in the respectively valid version are part of the supply contract.
* BDEW = Federal Association of the Energy and Water Industries
Print the application:
or fill in online:
Print a cancellation:
or fill in online:
Your way to the water house connection
- Contact: Please send us by e-mail or by post a copy of the map and the room in which the connection is to be made. Please fill in also the Application for grid connection as well as that Form for calculating peak flow out, so that we can dimension your house connection correctly.
- Offer: On the basis of your submitted documents, you will receive an offer for your water service connection.
- Confirmation: By signing the order form, you confirm the quotation and at the same time issue us the grid connection order.
- Appointment: After a short processing time, you can then contact the responsible master of Stadtwerke Landshut in consultation with your contractor, architect or installer to make an appointment. Please allow for seasonal lead times of about 4 weeks.
- Completion: When the installer finishes the installation, we attach a water meter - and there's nothing standing in the way of a shower.
Do you have questions about the house connection?
Do you have any further questions?
Our customer service would be happy to assist you more.
We are glad to be here for you:
from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 18:00 and
Saturday from 09:00 to 13:00
Service number: 0800 0871 871
or write one e-mail at: email@example.com